Re: recursive shapes in shape expressions

On 02/24/2015 08:50 AM, Iovka Boneva wrote:
> Le 24/02/2015 15:00, Peter F. Patel-Schneider a écrit :
>>

>> On 02/24/2015 04:32 AM, Iovka Boneva wrote:
>>> Le mar. 24 févr. 2015 02:02:02 CET, Peter F. Patel-Schneider a écrit
>>> :
>> [...]
>>> I do not understand that question, what do you mean by "different
>>> accounts" ?
>>>
>>> Iovka
>>
>> There are three different accounts of Shape Expressions.
>>
>> There is the W3C Submission at http://www.w3.org/Submission/2014/03/,
>> with a Primer by Eric Prud'hommeaux at
>> www.w3.org/Submission/shex-primer/ and a definition by Harold Solbrig
>> and Eric Prud'hommeaux at www.w3.org/Submission/shex-defn/
>>
>> There is Validating RDF with Shape Expressions by Iovka Boneva, Jose
>> Emilio Labra Gayo, Samuel Hym, Eric G. Prud'hommeau, Harold Solbrig,
>> Sławek Staworko at arxiv.org/abs/1404.1270
>>
>> There is Complexity and Expressiveness of ShEx for RDF by Sławek
>> Staworko , Iovka Boneva , Jose E. Labra Gayo, Samuel Hym , Eric G.
>> Prud’hommeaux , and Harold Solbrig at
>> www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/~staworko/papers/staworko-icdt15a.pdf
> The two latter are the same, long version with proofs and extended
> abstract to be published in ICDT 2015. Note also that the submission to
> ICDT contained the proofs, and the reviewers were free to check them if
> they had any doubts.
>
> The first one is, as I said before, a more recent version of what we
> worked on initially. The modifications were motivated by user cases.
> However, I think that there is not so much work to make both converge to
> the same and unique semantics.
>
> Iovka

I see many differences between the W3C submission and the two papers.  The
semantics is specified in a completely different manner.  There are
different results in many simple cases.

There is also an axiomatic semantics for Shape Expressions which is
different yet.

peter