Re: recursive shapes in shape expressions

Le 24/02/2015 15:00, Peter F. Patel-Schneider a écrit :

> On 02/24/2015 04:32 AM, Iovka Boneva wrote:
>> Le mar. 24 févr. 2015 02:02:02 CET, Peter F. Patel-Schneider a écrit :
> [...]
>

>>> Are you saying instead that the meanings of the fundamental constructs
>>> in shape expressions vary between different accounts?
>> I do not understand that question, what do you mean by "different
>> accounts" ?
>>
>> Iovka
>
> There are three different accounts of Shape Expressions.
>
> There is the W3C Submission at http://www.w3.org/Submission/2014/03/, with a
> Primer by Eric Prud'hommeaux at www.w3.org/Submission/shex-primer/ and a
> definition by Harold Solbrig and Eric Prud'hommeaux at
> www.w3.org/Submission/shex-defn/
>
> There is Validating RDF with Shape Expressions by Iovka Boneva, Jose Emilio
> Labra Gayo, Samuel Hym, Eric G. Prud'hommeau, Harold Solbrig, Sławek
> Staworko at arxiv.org/abs/1404.1270
>
> There is Complexity and Expressiveness of ShEx for RDF by
> Sławek Staworko , Iovka Boneva , Jose E. Labra Gayo, Samuel
> Hym , Eric G. Prud’hommeaux , and Harold Solbrig
> at www.grappa.univ-lille3.fr/~staworko/papers/staworko-icdt15a.pdf
The two latter are the same, long version with proofs and extended
abstract to be published in ICDT 2015. Note also that the submission to
ICDT contained the proofs, and the reviewers were free to check them if
they had any doubts.

The first one is, as I said before, a more recent version of what we
worked on initially. The modifications were motivated by user cases.
However, I think that there is not so much work to make both converge to
the same and unique semantics.

Iovka