Re: Proposal to close ISSUE-3 and ISSUE-44

Sorry for the delayed response due to vacation.

The main OSLC use case (definition of Linked Data REST APIs) is to
validate an RDF graph (the HTTP request or response) at a
distinguished node wrt a named Shape. In this case the inputs to the
SHACL processor are:

1. A pair (G, n) where G is an RDF graph (the data graph) and n is a
node in G. (G,n) is also referred to as a pointed graph. n is also
referred to as the root node or the focus node.
2. A pair (S, x) where S is a set of named shape definitions and x is
the name of a defined shape. S is sometimes referred to as a shape
schema.

SHACL defines an RDF representation of S in which case shapes are
identified by IRIs. However, other syntaxes for S are possible, e.g. a
compact syntax. We define the semantics in terms of the RDF
representation of shapes, which facilitates the use of SPARQL for
semantics. However, the semantics of SHACL should not require the
intermingling of the data graph and the shape graph.

-- Arthur