Re: SKOS concept scheme URIs as values for constraints

Holger,

I think we ought to clarify that what you present here isn't all it takes
because it relies on having shx:allowedValueNamespaces defined somewhere,
presumably using the SPARQL extension.

I know you wrote "an end-user syntax" and the implication is that some
advanced-user has defined such a template for the end-user but we need to
be careful not to set the wrong expectation.

Regards.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Technologies -
IBM Software Group

Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com> wrote on 08/03/2015 03:29:13 PM:

> [...]

> constraint design patterns, so that they don't rely on the choices made
> by a particular working group in the year 2015.
>
> Holger
>

> On 8/4/2015 5:39, Karen Coyle wrote:
> > Phil,
> >
> > Thanks for bringing this up. I thought that I had covered this in use
> > case #34 [1], and at one point I asked if all of these criteria were
> > met by the requirements and I was assured that they were. This is a
> > key use case for the cultural heritage community, so if there are any
> > doubts that these requirements can be met we need to address this.
> > Perhaps the was to resolve this is to provide test cases. There seem
> > to be some functional versions of SHACL that could be used to test
> > this, if I'm not mistaken. Would you be able to provide some test
data?

> > Thanks,
> >
> > kc
> > [1]
> > http://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/data-shapes-ucr/#uc37-defining-
> allowed-required-values
> >
> > On 8/3/15 9:48 AM, Phil Archer wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've had an opportunity to take a look at the SHACL work today and I
> >> notice one of the use cases looks set to be missed - although only
just.

> >> The UCR doc includes the one about self-describing Linked Data [1]
which
> >> talks about the value of a property being a skos:Concept. Are you
> >> considering making this a little tougher, i.e. that the value of a
given
> >> property is a concept defined in a specific scheme?
> >>
> >> I see that SHACL allows the enumeration of values [2], but I want to
be
> >> able to say "any value from the SKOS Concept scheme at <foo>". It
looks
> >> like SHACL won't support that?
> >>
> >> Use Case: INSPIRE
> >>
> >> INSPIRE [0] - the European Union's obligatory set of standards for
> >> environmental and geospatial data - has a handy registry of SKOS
concept
> >> schemes [3]. In one of my projects, I've been working on creating RDF
> >> vocabularies that are compatible with the INSPIRE data model, such as
> >> the one about protected sites [4]. That has a property
> >> ps:siteDesignation for which the range is defined as skos:Concept but
> >> really what it should say is:
> >>
> >> the value of this property should be a skos:Concept in the scheme at
> >> http://inspire.ec.europa.eu/codelist/DesignationValue/.
> >>
> >> It would be inappropriate to enumerate the concepts in that concept
> >> scheme (there are 6 of them) since it is under a different
> >> organisation's change control.
> >>
> >> I recognise that this leads to the possibility that a graph that is
> >> valid today may become invalid if the INSPIRE Registry were to be
> >> amended but that's a management task for the European Commission to
> >> worry about (i.e. the people responsible for the INSPIRE data model)
and