Re: Extending SPIN with meta-templates

Karen,

nobody is stating that ShEx is now excluded. We are just saying that it
faces an uphill battle against established technologies. SPARQL does not
only have thousands of users but also hundreds of tools, APIs, hundreds
of research papers written about it, at least one book, a dozen or so
databases with native support and a long history at W3C etc. SPIN is a
thin layer on top of SPARQL, while all hard problems have already been
solved by SPARQL. To build SPIN constraints, people can use any existing
SPARQL editor, run tests etc with established tools.

Holger