Re: shapes-ISSUE-18 (S35 examples): S35 needs to state what constraints are required

On 12/21/14, 5:29 AM, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> There are likely to be many ways that folks may want to select terms
> for verification, by no means limited to: by type (as in conventional
> SPIN), query (Axel's proposal), rooted graph (one option in most ShEx
> interfaces), every subject node (another option is most ShEx
> interfaces). Conventional SPIN and OWL provide a couple.

As discussed previously, if we want comprehensive coverage of all the
different ways to select terms for verification, then we likely end up
with a language as complex as SPARQL. SPIN's global constraints
(currently attached to rdfs:Resource) are covering all those cases with
arbitrary patterns at the discretion of the user, without having to
create a new meta-vocabulary. These queries can be made quite readable
with the help of user-defined SPIN functions.

The selection of which constraints to execute happens via the usual
named graph mechanism.