Re: Data Shapes WG agenda for 11 December 2014

Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com> wrote on 12/10/2014 01:09:55 PM:

> From: Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
> To: public-data-shapes-wg@w3.org
> Date: 12/10/2014 01:10 PM
> Subject: Re: Data Shapes WG agenda for 11 December 2014
>
> To me the most urgent issue is to define a process in which we can
> collectively contribute to the Requirements catalog. And then come
> to a point soon where we can write down how well the requirements
> are covered by the proposed technologies. We should put those
> proposals on the table.

I agree and hope we can end the meeting with a plan and some action items
to make progress on that front.

> Another question I have is how we can keep the group alive, because
> progress so far has been very slow and only a small number of people
> create the majority of traffic. I am worried that very little
> progress will be made over the xmas period where no further meetings
> are scheduled. We need to make better use of emails and similar channels
IMHO.

> Holger

That's a tougher problem. Participation is voluntary and there isn't much
we can do to force people to work on this. The charter sets the
expectation to dedicating a day a week to this work but I'm afraid most
people can't afford to spend that much time on this. I'll keep trying to
push forward but there is only so much I can do. If you have specific
suggestions on how to make us progress faster, please, let me know.
Thanks.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Web Standards - IBM
Software Group