Re: Please run the lint script

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 09:38:37 -0800
To: Geoffrey Sneddon <me@gsnedders.com>
On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 6:42 AM, Geoffrey Sneddon <me@gsnedders.com> wrote:
> Can I draw people's attention to the lint script, documented at
> <http://web-platform-tests.org/writing-tests/lint-tool.html>?
>
> Those of you committing/pushing to Mercurial, can you please ensure
> you don't add any failing lints as it necessitates someone fixing them
> before others contributing through GitHub can have *anything* landed?

A nit: I was running the lint a while ago, and for the life of me
*could not* figure out how to get it to lint only my test file.  Docs
and diving into sources didn't prove illuminating; I don't recall what
options I tried, but none of them worked. So right now, running the
linter means waiting for >1 minute while it lints *the entire
repository* for you.

Can this be fixed, hopefully by making it default to linting the
current working directory only?  If that's too much of a change, at
least a working and clearly documented option to limit it to a
particular directory would be helpful.

~TJ