Re: Please run the lint script

Le 2017-03-01 09:42, Geoffrey Sneddon a écrit :
> Can I draw people's attention to the lint script, documented at
> <http://web-platform-tests.org/writing-tests/lint-tool.html>?

Geoffrey,

This is the first time I hear about the lint script and its
documentation.

$ ./lint
wpt_tools.lint not found.  Did you forget to run "git submodule update
--init --recursive"?

> Those of you committing/pushing to Mercurial, can you please ensure
> you don't add any failing lints as it necessitates someone fixing them
> before others contributing through GitHub can have *anything* landed?

CR AT EOL: cross-platform “Unix” line endings: the editor I use
unfortunately does not have a convenient setting for this. Geoffrey, did
I blunder with my 8964:49c472839bba changeset?

INDENT TABS: I use only white spaces, no tab. I know a bunch of tests
(not mine) in writing-modes test suite that have lines starting with
several tabs, by the way. The previous documentation only mentioned this
as a preference. Here's one:

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-orientation-010.xht

PATH LENGTH: Test file's pathname has a total length greater than 150
characters; Some tests have actually a total length rather close to 150
characters. I would look into
http://test.csswg.org/source/css-backgrounds-3/background-size/vector/

eg:

http://test.csswg.org/source/css-backgrounds-3/background-size/vector/tall--cover--nonpercent-width-nonpercent-height-viewbox--crisp.html

is 138 characters!

TRAILING WHITESPACE: many editors have a setting for this.

Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines

Test Templates

CSS Naming Guidelines