2 issues with the new Ahem font README file

Le 2017-01-31 16:11, Chris Lilley a écrit :
> Hi Gérard
>
> Thanks for that.
>
> ahem.ttf and AHEM____.TTF both updated with your
> Ahem_Myles2.ttf__size_22572.
>
> README updated with version from GitHub, plus the three additional
> characters added to that.
>
> Please let me know if you spot any breakage.

Chris,

https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/Fonts/Ahem/

There seems to be some issues after all with that file.

1)
"
The units per em is 1000,
the advance is 800, and the descent is 200, thereby making the em
square exactly square.
"

I think this is not correct. I believe it should be saying

"
The units per em is 1000,
the ascent is 800, and the descent is 200, thereby making the em
square exactly square.
"

s/advance/ascent

2)
There is now no mention of contributions from Paul Nelson (version 2)
and Sergey Malkin (version 3). The contribution of Sergey Malkin is
fully detailed in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2016Jul/0015.html

Paul Nelson contribution is described in [1]

- - - - - -

This is what the original text [3] was saying:

{
The Ahem font was developed by Todd Fahrner to help test writers
develop predictable tests. The font's em square is exactly square.
Its ascent and descent is exactly the size of the em square. This
means that the font's extent is exactly the same as its line-height,
meaning that it can be exactly aligned with padding, borders, margins,
and so forth.

The font's alphabetic baseline is 0.2em above its bottom, and 0.8em
below its top. The font has an x-height of 0.8em.

The font has four glyphs:

   'X' U+0058 A square exactly 1em in height and width.

   'p' U+0070 A rectangle exactly 0.2em high, 1em wide, and aligned so
              that its top is flush with the baseline.

   'É' U+00C9 A rectangle exactly 0.8em high, 1em wide, and aligned so
              that its bottom is flush with the baseline.

   ' ' U+0020 A transparent space exactly 1em high and wide.

Most other US-ASCII characters in the font have the same glyph as X.

Acknowledgements: The font was originally created by Todd Fahrner in
the late 90s, and was updated by Paul Nelson in the mid 2000s. The
changes were the introduction of x-height information to the OS/2
table and the addition of the space and non-breaking space glyphs.
}

- - - - - -

If you believe that can help, you can link any pages of this
presentation [2] in that README file.

[1]
http://web.archive.org/web/20140219201259/http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/Fonts/Ahem

[2]