Re: Guidelines for editing the CSS testsuite with github

Le 2017-04-12 12:36, Geoffrey Sneddon a écrit :
> On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 3:09 AM, Gérard Talbot
> <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:

>>> This has all recently changed (like, 3 days ago) so the documentation
>>> is not caught up yet.
>>

>> Geoffrey,
>>
>> When will the documentation on GitHub be updated and reliable?
>
> What specific documentation is out of date or unreliable?

http://web-platform-tests.org/appendix/github-intro.html

I have been trying to understand how to use GitHub (just start to use
it) and I am very much confused

> And yes, I know some of documentation is wrong, but all of it was
> wrong before the merge and merging it hasn't made it any more wrong,
> and I don't think it's reasonable to expect me to fix all the problems
> with documentation around the testsuite.

Then updating and/or fixing other documentations to be in line with
GitHub should be a priority too. I certainly can not fix GitHub related
documentations right now.

> The wiki, especially, mostly
> contains documentation that has been out of date for many years. If
> people believe the documentation is wrong and is causing problems,
> they should step up to fix it.
>
> /g

What is the current purpose, goals of this mailing list? It seems to me
that, for any issues we encounter, we have now to create a GitHub issue
file.

Writing Tests
http://web-platform-tests.org/writing-tests/

General Test Guidelines