Re: Advice on adding class="reftest-wait" for tests with @font-face ; Ken Lunde's CSS[H|F]WOrientationTest.otf fonts

Le 2016-01-19 20:58, Gérard Talbot a écrit :

> I deeply believe and am convinced that we should just add
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/support/adobe-fonts/CSSHWOrientationTest.otf
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/support/adobe-fonts/CSSFWOrientationTest.otf
> http://test.csswg.org/source/fonts/adobe-fonts/CSSHWOrientationTest.otf
> http://test.csswg.org/source/fonts/adobe-fonts/CSSFWOrientationTest.otf
> into that special "Fonts for CSS Testing" package
> https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/Fonts/
> and avoid all these reftest-wait trick. I think this is more
> convenient, it creates cleaner, clearer tests too.

I see other fonts that I would add, include into that special "Fonts for
CSS Testing" package:

tcu-font.otf or tcu-font.ttf which is in several text-combine-upright
tests in the form of tcu-font.woff.

Eg

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css-writing-modes-3_dev/nightly-unstable/html/text-combine-upright-value-digits2-001.htm

I've looked at
http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/test-plan/req-tcu-font.html
and elsewhere such font is not available.

Masataka Yakura,
where can we find tcu-font.otf or tcu-font.ttf . We would need to
filename-rename it so that it would have the string "CSS" and "test" or
"Test" in its filename.

Something like
csstest-tcu.ttf
or
csstest-text-combine-upright.ttf

- - - - - - - - - -

Deseret font: we should try to find a free license/open source otf or
ttf font made for deseret and provide it in that special "Fonts for CSS
Testing" package for the 5 tests

http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/name/text-transform/content/deseret/

Richard Ishida,

fonts/NotoSansDeseret-Regular.ttf
is NOT available, NOT found anywhere inside

http://test.csswg.org/

or inside

http://test.csswg.org/source/fonts/

This affects 3 of your text-transform tests.

- - - - - - - - -

The general rule is that we should try to help testing tests that
require a special font or rare font by offering a suitable font
(license-wise) in that special "Fonts for CSS Testing" package.

Providing fonts for all tests at www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/Fonts/
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2013Feb/0043.html

Test Format Guidelines

Test Style Guidelines