Re: Browser detection for shepherd/css test runner

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 13:02:42 +0100
To: Christian Biesinger <cbiesinger@google.com>
CC: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
Hello Christian,

> Hi there,

> looking at the icons on
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css-flexbox/#abspos-items, and test results
> like
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/details/css-flexbox-1_dev/flexbox-abspos-child-001b/engine/webkit/,
> it seems that the test runner considers Chrome to be Webkit.

> That is bad. Chrome does not use Webkit anymore,

Certainly on Windows, Linux, and Android: Chrome is not Webkit any more
and the level of divergence is now reasonably large.  We should
re-evaluate whether we treat these as independent implementations in
terms of test suite passes.

(On OSX and iOS Chrome is indeed Apple's Safari Webkit because no
other web engine is allowed on those locked-down platforms).

--
Best regards,
 Chris Lilley, Technical Director, W3C Interaction Domain