Re: Reference file having the same filename as its associated test

On Jul 8, 2015, at 3:47 PM, Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/text-combine-upright-line-breaking-rules-001/
>
> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/reference/text-combine-upright-line-breaking-rules-001/
>
> [src]
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/text-combine-upright-line-breaking-rules-001.html
>
> [src]
> http://test.csswg.org/source/css-writing-modes-3/reference/text-combine-upright-line-breaking-rules-001.html
>

> Is there a problem with a reference file that has the same filename as its associated test?
>
> Personally, I thought this was bad (and I still think it is bad)... but I can't find anything in the documentation about this precise filename scenario.

Not a problem from my perspective, so long as it's in a reference directory.  The docs have been through several gyrations, but at one point they clearly stated that reference files needed to have '-ref' in the file name _or_ be in a 'reference' directory.

Peter