Re: [css-grid] display-grid, display-inline-grid and parsing-display-grid-inline: review request

Hi again,

On 10/11/14 20:19, Gérard Talbot wrote:
> Let's say someone (you, me, anyone) comes along afterwards and creates a
> test testing, checking that grid containers are not block containers or
> some other testable statement (there are many testable statements[1] in
> § 3.1) involving 'display: grid'. Then he/she could and should just
> continue with the number following your last test. Or one day, you could
> decide to do more tests (compound, complex, edge, etc.. kinds of tests)
> with or involving 'display: grid'. Then you could and should continue
> with the sequence.

Yeah, I got it.

>>> Nitpicking
>>>
>>> "For indentation, spaces are preferred over tabs."
>>> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/review-checklist.html
>>
>> AFAIK, I've used spaces always, I couludn't find any tab in my patch.
>>

> Duh! I was wrong then.
>
> Interestingly, the documentation is contradictory! :)
>
> "
> Use tabs rather than spaces for indentation
> "
> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/test-format-guidelines.html#style-rules
>
> versus
>
> "
> For indentation, spaces are preferred over tabs.
> "
> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/review-checklist.html

Probably this deserves some clarification in a separated thread :-)

>>> With GitHub, I can not view the test as rendered in a browser (don't
>>> know how; I had to copy and save the code into an HTML editor and then
>>> open it in a browser ... not convenient!) and I can not verify things
>>> like trailing whitespace (whitespace at the end of lines) or Unicode
>>> byte order mark (BOM U+FEFF) (Shepherd is able to spot and report this,
>>> btw) and usage of Unix line endings.
>>
>> I guess the syncbot is doing this kind of checks, but I cannot tell for
>> sure.
>> I'm talking about this kind of comments:
>> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-test/pull/626#issuecomment-62379089
>
> This is odd..
>
> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-test/pull/626#issuecomment-61505965
>
> stated that your tests submitted 7 days ago passed validation
>
> "
> syncbot commented 7 days ago
> Automatic validation checks of commit 93504e0 passed.
> "
>
> but it sure did not pass HTML validation... I'm wondering what kind of
> validation GitHub is exactly doing... it could be very basic edition
> kind of validation...

Yeah, they were not XHTML. I was wondering if it was doing spaces vs
tabs, trailing whitespaces, unix cr, and that kind of validations.

>> The pull-request: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-test/pull/626
>
> This will have to wait, unfortunately until I can "walk" (even just
> "baby steps") with GitHub...

Yeah, no worries. Just in case it was more comfortable to use directly
the web UI.

BTW, the rawgit.com bug has been already fixed, so you can check the
tests directly from GitHub:

* Source:
https://github.com/Igalia/csswg-test/blob/css-grid-display-tests/css-grid-1/grid-model/grid-display-grid-001.xht
* Raw:
https://rawgit.com/Igalia/csswg-test/css-grid-display-tests/css-grid-1/grid-model/grid-display-grid-001.xht

* Source:
https://github.com/Igalia/csswg-test/blob/css-grid-display-tests/css-grid-1/grid-model/grid-display-inline-grid-001.xht
* Raw:
https://rawgit.com/Igalia/csswg-test/css-grid-display-tests/css-grid-1/grid-model/grid-display-inline-grid-001.xht

* Source:
https://github.com/Igalia/csswg-test/blob/css-grid-display-tests/css-grid-1/grid-model/grid-parsing-display-001.xht
* Raw:
https://rawgit.com/Igalia/csswg-test/css-grid-display-tests/css-grid-1/grid-model/grid-parsing-display-001.xht

As I said, for the testharness.js tests this is not really useful.

Thanks again,
  Rego