Re: [css3-multicol] multicol-span-all-child-002 review: proposed replacement

Le Dim 1 septembre 2013 11:14, Håkon Wium Lie a écrit :
> Also sprach "Gérard Talbot":
>
>  > http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/opera/submitted/multicol/multicol-span-all-child-002.xht
>  >
>  > http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/opera/submitted/multicol/multicol-span-all-child-2-ref.xht
>  >
>  > I believe the reftest is incorrect.
>  >
>  >
>  > Proposed replacements
>  > *********************
>  >
>  > http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Multi-Columns/Opera/multicol-span-all-child-002-GT.xht
>  >
>  > http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Multi-Columns/Opera/multicol-span-all-child-002-GT-ref.xht
>  >
>  > I believe Chrome 28.0.1500.95 and Prince9 handle this test correctly.
>  >
>  > I believe Firefox 23, IE10 and Opera 12.16 mishandle such test.
>
> Small point: perhaps we should replace the lime background with a white
> background (in case somone tries to print these documents :)

I agree.

I just changed lime for white in the test and then white for black.

> I'm a little unsure what the test tries to do. It's clear that the <div>
> element is too big to fit, and that implementations *may* therefore
> ignore 'column-span: all'. In which case, the <div> is laid out in two
> columns. If so, however, how can you fit three of the <span> elements in
> the first column?

The <span> color is black but its background is transparent. And there
is a soft (unforced) column break affecting the 3rd <span> element. The
3rd <span> element is broken across 2 column boxes.

> The height of the div is 10em, and each span is 4em
> high. Shouldn't there only be four <span> elements, two for each column?

4 <span> elements instead of 5 will also work. But 5 <span> elements
should also work.

> The <p> ends up in an overflow colunn, I presume.

Yes.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: