Re: Issue with margin-collapse-clear-012.htm and margin-collapse-clear-013.htm

From: Robert Hogan <robhogan@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 23:16:00 +0100
To: Bruno Fassino <fassino@gmail.com>
On Oct 26, 2013 5:31 PM, "Bruno Fassino" <fassino@gmail.com> wrote:>
> So the margins of our "self-collapsing-with-clearance" collapse together
to 80px and the top border edge of the box is at 40px in the middle of
that.  Clearance has to be added to this position, not to the whole 80px.
So clearance is 60px as stated in the test, not only 20px.

I'm not clear where this rule to use the middle of the collapsed margin
follows from. Is it just the common sense location of a border box for the
element, halfway between its two margins as though the collapse makes both
40 px each, or is there something else in play?