Issue with margin-collapse-clear-012.htm and margin-collapse-clear-013.htm

From: Robert Hogan <robhogan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 19:18:38 +0100
Hi Gérard,

These two tests are based on the example given in the CSS 2.1 spec at
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#clearance.

However the example there is a bit limited in that the elements in
question only have a margin-top. I believe that if they had a
margin-bottom that both margin-top and margin-bottom would collapse
and it would be that collapsed value that would be used to calculate
the clearance. There's nothing in the description of collapsing
margins (http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/box.html#collapsing-margins) to
suggest that margin-top should be considered in its uncollapsed state
in this context.

The two tests in the title have margin-top and margin-bottom but only
margin-top is considered when computing the clearance - I believe this
is mistaken and that the tests are invalid.

Can anyone comment? Have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Thanks,
Robert