Do test titles really need to be unique?

From: Rebecca Hauck <rhauck@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 14:20:00 -0700
To: "public-css-testsuite@w3.org" <public-css-testsuite@w3.org>
Hi all,
(but this is probably mostly for Peter, maybe Elika)

I'm reviewing and updating some of our testing documentation that is eventually going to be centralized in one location used for all W3C testing, not just CSS testing.  Do we really need to enforce unique titles on tests?  I don't believe there is any such requirement for non-CSS tests and I assume Shepherd doesn't have al problem with duplicate titles since each test file is seen as a separate asset.

If we can soften this requirement, it's one less thing authors and reviewers need to deal with.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
-Rebecca