Re: [css3-multicol] columns shorthand, fractional pixel and font-size increase

Le Dim 21 juillet 2013 20:01, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :

> 3-
> If you load the test and then increase text size with [Ctrl]+[+] key,
> you will see different renderings in browsers. After a text size
> increase with with [Ctrl]+[+] keys,
>
> - I would expect the number of columns to diminish and
>
> - I would NOT expect an horizontal scrollbar to be generated.

One important detail I forgot to mention is that Firefox 22 must have
View/Zoom/Zoom Text Only checked .

> Opera 12.16 and Chrome 28.0.1500.71 do not do that:

Correction! Opera 12.16 does (correctly!) diminish the number of columns
without generating an horizontal scrollbar ** if "Fit to Width" has been
checked **.

> the number of
> columns does not diminish and an horizontal scrollbar is generated when
> text size is increased.
>
> Firefox 22 reduces the number of columns and does not generate an
> horizontal scrollbar when text size is increased.
>
> The reverse is also worth considering. After a text size decrease with
> [Ctrl]+[-] keys, I would expect the number of columns to increase:
> Firefox 22 does that but not Opera 12.15 and not Chrome 29.0.1500.71.

I wanted to say but not Opera 12.16 and not Chrome 28.0.1500.71.

After a text size decrease, Opera 12.16 does not increase the number of
columns (when I think it should), even if I have "Fit to Width" checked.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: