Re: CSS3-writing-modes: text-combine-horizontal?(B

Gerard
Thanks for your comments and suggestions as always.
Please review again as I fixed each as follows.

http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/css3-writing-modes/author/taka/status/submitted/name/text-combine-horizontal/

> Taka,
>
> please verify again:
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/east-tokyo/submitted/css3-writing-modes/text-combine-horizontal-010.xht
>
> and text-combine-horizontal-011.xht
> and text-combine-horizontal-012.xht
>

> Another method of writing title text in a consistent and predictable
> manner can be:
>
> <title>CSS [Name_of_module] Test: [property_name]: [property_value]
>   [optional: some_additional_parameters]</title>
>
> like:
> <title>CSS Writing Modes Test: text-combine-horizontal: none</title>

Sorry for my previous poor corrections about this, and I fixed now as
follows:

text-combine-horizontal-010.xht <title>CSS Writing Modes Test: text-combine-horizontal - none</title>
text-combine-horizontal-011.xht <title>CSS Writing Modes Test: text-combine-horizontal - all</title>
text-combine-horizontal-012.xht <title>CSS Writing Modes Test: text-combine-horizontal - digits integer</title>

> Well, then it just means that we can not create a reftest for such test.
>
> The test could still be testing '13' though. When a reftest can not be
> created, then it just mean that we can not have a software compare
> pixel-by-pixel a screenshot of test with a screenshot of reftest.
>
> A test can be created even though a reftest for it can not be created.
> This is where a test can be and will be evaluated as passed or failed
> according to a human tester.
>
> One idea would be to reuse the figure 18 example
> "Example of horizontal-in-vertical tate-chu-yoko"
> from the spec and write a flexible, appropriate pass/fail conditions
> sentence for it.
>
> 2 Examples given:
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/border-conflict-example-001.htm
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/border-conflict-example-002.htm

I'm afraid I would have you confused with my last reply. Let me correct that I would like to express just a single digit numeric is sufficient for this test. Most interests of this test is an orientation of "horizontal-only scripts", namely none: no rotation, all: and digits 1: rotate 90 degree counter-clockwise.
So that, I believe the current test scenario with using a single digit numeric, without images or extra explanations, is simple and accurate, and might be the best.

> 1.
> lower block including <strong>layout</strong> and
>
> If you say that 2 things must be identical, then, generally speaking,
> people will observe very strictly, very carefully and thoroughly. So,
> I'm not sure if "including <strong>layout</strong> and
> <strong>orientation</strong> of each characters." is really or
> absolutely needed. If you think so, then

> lower block, including orientation of each character.</p>
I fixed it.
text-combine-horizontal-010.xht
text-combine-horizontal-011.xht
text-combine-horizontal-012.xht

> 2.
> In reftest
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/east-tokyo/submitted/css3-writing-modes/reftest/text-combine-horizontal-010-ref.xht
>

> line 25 #test
>  {
>  }
>  .tcy  /* tate-cyu-yoko: horizontal-in-vertical */
>  {
>   text-combine-horizontal: none;
> line 31 }
> line 32 #control
> (...)
> line 42 <div id="control" lang="ja">...
> line 44 <div id="control" lang="ja">...

I fixed it.
text-combine-horizontal-010-ref.xht
text-combine-horizontal-011-ref.xht
text-combine-horizontal-012-ref.xht

> 3.
> line 10:  <meta name="flags" content="font should" />
I removed "should" and fixed it.
text-combine-horizontal-010.xht
text-combine-horizontal-011.xht
text-combine-horizontal-012.xht