Re: Allow @font-face and TTF font embedding in tests? (Japanese fonts)

Hello Gérard,

(2013/02/15 18:55), "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
> Le Ven 15 février 2013 1:17, Chris Lilley a écrit :
>> Hello Gérard,
>>
>> Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 8:35:29 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> (Chris wrote)
>>> Unfortunately, I am not familiar with woff right now ... and how to
>>> create a .woff format with/from a .ttf format...
>> WOFF  is Web Open Font Format and is a W3C Recommendation.
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/WOFF/
>>
>> It takes an SFNT font (ie TrueType or OpenType),
>> makes a header, and
>> compresses each table in the font.Metadata (such as links to licening)
>> can also be included.
>>
>> Making  one is trivial. Download this command line tool (from jonathan
>> Kew, one of the editors of the WOFF spec; source included)
>> http://people.mozilla.com/~jkew/woff/
>>
> Chris
>
> I have downloaded
> woff-code-latest.zip from J. Kew WOFF website
> and have unzip it and ... <sigh> I'm locked at this point.
>
>> compile,
>
> How to compile? I use Linux KDE 4.10 (32bits) and I am still a modest
> user (not a power user) under Linux. I can see the 3 C files and the 2
> header files from the .zip file....
> Do you know the command line instructions to compile 3 C files and 2
> headers files into 1 executable in a Linux Terminal?
>

> "Precompiled versions (of sfnt2woff) for Mac OS X and for Windows are
> available."
>
> ... but none for Linux Ubuntu i686 32bits family ..
How do you "make" and will be entered in a terminal ?
I tried with cygwin.

$ ls
Makefile     sfnt2woff.o  woff.h                woff2sfnt.c
sfnt2woff.c  woff.c       woff-2009-10-03.html  woff-private.h
$ make
cc    -c -o woff.o woff.c
cc  -o sfnt2woff sfnt2woff.o woff.o -lz
cc    -c -o woff2sfnt.o woff2sfnt.c
cc  -o woff2sfnt woff2sfnt.o woff.o -lz
when it becoms, ok. if
$ make
cc    -c -o woff.o woff.c
woff.c:43:18: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file or directory
became...

$ sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev
It may be necessary. after that make
$ make

Because I have a program of Unicode, I might be able to help in various
ways.
But I'm not good at English =)

Regars.
Takemura