Re: Review comments on css3-background/src/background-clip-007.html

Le Mer 31 octobre 2012 13:36, Julien Chaffraix a écrit :
> Hey Gérard,
>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/approved/css3-background/src/background-clip-007.html
>>
>> The following comments are in the Shepherd's background-clip-007 file:
>> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/background-clip-007/spec/CSS3-BACKGROUND/#comment-bc5aa48c1aca
>>
>> I'm relisting them here for various reasons.
>
> Thanks for the detailed comments. I agree that your approach is a lot
> cleaner.
>
> What's the best way forward? Would you like me to move the completely
> new test based on your approach back to submitted/ so that you can
> review it at your leisure or just modify the test inline based on your
> comments?

Julien,

Either way is fine with me.

Another possibility is that we could co-author those 3 tests.

You can use

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Backgrounds/background-clip-236.html

to replace

http://test.csswg.org/source/approved/css3-background/src/background-clip-007.html

and you can add

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Backgrounds/background-clip-237.html
which is a minor variation of background-clip-236

You can use

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Backgrounds/background-clip-238.html

to replace

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/google/submitted/background-clip-008.html

You can use

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/CSS3Backgrounds/background-clip-239.html

to replace

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/google/submitted/background-clip-009.html

I have added a few more details in the assert of
background-clip-236.html, background-clip-238.html and
background-clip-239.html

'height: auto', 'width: auto', 'padding: 0px' have been deliberately
added into those tests although they were not needed since those are
initial, default values. This reinforces understanding, self-explanatory
sense of those tests.

One word about testing background-clip: border-box. Because this is the
initial value of background-clip, there is never a good, reliable,
entirely trustworthy way to test initial default values. Except if we
could "inject"/alter a modification of the user agent stylesheet where
background-clip would be using another default, initial value other than
border-box.

Another idea is to reuse the same code (from these 4 tests) and to do
background-clip with background-image (for content-box and padding-box
and border-box) in which the image would be "support/100x100-red.png"
and "support/black96x96.png" .

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: