Re: Browser zooms and testsuites

[Resending this to the mailing list]

> This is just a remainder that some tests I wrote during Test The Web

François,

Where are your tests and the others from TTWF Paris?

Shouldn't such tests supposed to be somewhere in
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/
?

> work fine when running in 100% zoom but fails when the browser
> is set to other zooms values. This is because, sometimes, the browser
uses real window/OS units instead of zoomed units, something which is
causing issues.

> I think it may be important for browser implementers to test their
browser in real "zoom conditions" and check that the result of the
test > is the same as what they would obtain by scaling down the image from
> the 'zoom-expanded' resolution (or, at least, by running the reference
test in the same zoom conditions).

We probably should add a line about having zoom set to 100% in

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/#uncommon

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/latest/#uncommon

One other matter I want to point out. If you use a yahoo email account
or if you have "pub" in your email address, I unfortunately will be
filtering such emails. I am just fed up with all the spamming emails and
spammers who are using expendable and renewable free spam email accounts
from gmail, yahoo, hotmail, 163, etc.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: