background-size-013 text assert (Re: New tests submission for css3 background-clip/-origin/-size)

Le Sam 13 octobre 2012 5:09, Zhang, Zhiqiang a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I would like to submit the following tests:
> https://hg.csswg.org/test/rev/e96e00bc2454
>
> We are verifying the conformance with the following sections of
> css3-background spec:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background-clip
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background-origin
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background-size
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background
> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#values
>
> Review is appreciated:
> https://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/author/intel/status/submitted/
>
> Thanks,
> Zhiqiang

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/intel/submitted/css3-background/background-size-013.html

line 10:     <meta name="assert" content="Check if 'background-size' is
'auto 45px' and 'background-repeat' is 'no-repeat' that the background
is shown with a height of 100px and its width is scaled proportionally
to keep the original aspect ratio" />

line 30:    background-image: url(support/60x60-green.png);
line 31:    background-size: auto 45px;
            background-repeat: no-repeat;

The height of background-image is 45px (and not 100px) since
"
The first value gives the width of the corresponding image, the second
value its height.
"

One aspect of the test that is maybe weak is that the intrinsic
dimensions of background-image are larger and taller than the tested
values. So, if an UA does not support background-size or does not scale
down (from 60px to 45px) the background-image, then the test will pass
anyway when it should fail. A way to counteract or compensate this is to
create a reversed test that has the red #test being background-sized
down (from say 100px intrinsic to 60px) and then have a smaller green
square #ref (say a 60x60 green square) overlap it.

red_box.png is 100px by 100px in
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110111/xhtml1/support/

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: