Reftest Maximum Viewport Size and Jeff Walden's background-size tests with CVG

Le Mer 12 septembre 2012 17:33, fantasai a écrit :
> Reftest harnesses often work by taking screenshots and comparing those
> screenshots. Parts of a test outside the viewport are therefore not
> compared. The question here is, what is the smallest size that we need
> to accommodate?
>
> Mozilla is suggesting 600x600; does anyone think we need to go smaller?
>
> ~fantasai

Among Jeff Walden's 206 background-size tests,

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/mozilla/submitted/css3-background/background-size/vector/

92 tests declare a div with an height of 768px: these are easily
identifiable as their filenames currently all start with "tall-".

And 90 tests among those 206 tests declare a div with a width of 768px:
these are easily identifiable as their filename currently all start with
"wide-".

I've checked the SVG objects and they all use a percentage (rect
height="50%") except

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/mozilla/submitted/css3-background/background-size/vector/support/diagonal-scaled-fixed.svg

which uses

<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="100px" height="700px">

So, I believe I have to change

div
{
  width: 256px; height: 768px;
}

in those tests to something like

div
{
  width: 256px; height: 384px;
}

and then do the same change in ref-* tests.

Example given:

In

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/mozilla/submitted/css3-background/background-size/vector/tall--32px-auto--nonpercent-width-nonpercent-height-viewbox.html

change, replace

div
{
  width: 256px; height: 768px;
}

to, with

div
{
  width: 256px; height: 768px;
}

then make the exact same change in

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/mozilla/submitted/css3-background/background-size/vector/ref-tall-lime32x64-aqua32x64.html

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: