background-size-[025-029]: available, improved replacements

Le Jeu 15 novembre 2012 0:24, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :

>> review, to approve.
>>> Hi Gerard,
>>
>>> background-size-002 to 034 (except background-size-008 above) need to
>> be
>>> reviewed again, and to be approved :).
>>

>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/intel/submitted/css3-background/background-size-025.html
>>
>> background-size-025: we want tests to avoid fractional pixels all the
>> time.

[snipped]

Proposed replacement
--------------------

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/background-size-025-review.html

with its reftest:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/reference/background-size-025-ref.xht

> I am working on other images which would avoid creating fractions in
> calculations and when rescaling and which could be reliable and helping
> human testers notice test failures. It's not as easy as one might think.
>
> Top and left sides of such images should be with a distinct color and/or
> distinct pattern. Right and bottom sides of such images should use
> another distinct color and/or distinct pattern. That way, an human
> tester would see if a 1px is missing at right and/or bottom and if 1px
> is incorrectly repeated at right and/or bottom. When the
> background-size: with round value fails, then it is because there is a
> partially displayed image on the right and/or at the bottom. So, this
> explains the need to have differentiable color and/or pattern for the
> image.

I am not a keen expert with GIMP or photoshop. So I came up with
100x100-gradient-blue-to-orange.png

At least, such image solve the 2 main problems mentioned above and meets
the requirements I was listing.

>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/intel/submitted/css3-background/background-size-027.html
>>
>> This test is more difficult than it may seem.
>>
>>             background-repeat: repeat round;
>>             background-size: 60px auto;
>>             height: 180px;
>>             width: 180px;

[snipped]

Proposed replacement
--------------------

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/background-size-027-review.html

>> -------------
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/intel/submitted/css3-background/background-size-028.html
>>
>> "
>>             So, the image should be rescaled to 49px by 49.5px
>>             and be repeated four times in horizontal and vertical.
>> "

Proposed replacement
--------------------

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/background-size-028-review.html

with its reftest:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/reference/background-size-028-ref.xht

> --------
>
> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/intel/submitted/css3-background/background-size-029.html
>
> "
>             So, the rounded width of the image is 65.3px, [196px /
> rounded (196px / 60px)]
>             and the height is rescaled to 66.0px to keep the original
> aspect ratio.
> "

Proposed replacement
--------------------

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/background-size-029-review.html

with its reftest:

http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/review/reference/background-size-029-ref.xht

Tomorrow, I will review the other remaining tests
background-size-[030-034] tests.

background-size-030.html has fraction of a pixel.

In my notes, background-size-034.html is inaccurate because from 60px to
100px requires an increase of 66.66666% which can be rounded differently
(66.7% or 66.6% or 66% or 67%). Best would be to change/replace
line 22:   background-image: url(support/60x60-green.png);
with
line 22:   background-image: url(support/50x50-green.png);

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: