Re: [css3-background]Tests with SVG can’t run because the SVG files are missing

Le Dim 4 novembre 2012 9:52, Linss, Peter a écrit :

> On Nov 3, 2012, at 9:35 PM, Gérard Talbot wrote:
>
>> Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> a écrit :

>>> Emmanuel,
>>>
>>> I believe I understand what is happening here.
>>>
>>> The tests, the SVG files and the reference files are all in the same
>>> folder:
>>>
>>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/mozilla/submitted/css3-background/background-size/vector/
>>>

>>> when the SVG files should be instead in a /support and the reftests
>>> should be in an /reference subfolders instead.
>>>

>> Emmanuel,
>>
>> I created a /support and a /reference sub-folders under
>>
>> contributors/mozilla/submitted/css3-background/background-size/vector/
>>
>> and edited this test:
>>
>> tall--auto--omitted-width-percent-height.html
>>
>> and then moved the relevant files
>>
>> ref-tall-lime256x384-aqua256x384.html into /reference
>>
>> and
>>
>> omitted-width-omitted-height.svg into /support
>>
>> and then edited the test so that the .svg and .html are properly
>> linked. Locally, the links of the test work.
>>
>> I also edited a bit the test so that the linked spec is according to
>> format guidelines and removed the null end tags which is not needed in
>> HTML5.
>>
>> committed changeset 4724:c28c772f3b0a
>>
>> Tonight, after the built of the CSS3 background test suite, I will
>> check if these changes were successful. If they were, then
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-background/nightly-unstable/html4/tall--auto--omitted-width-omitted-height.htm

Doh! I pasted this wrong: it should have been instead

http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-background/nightly-unstable/html4/tall--auto--omitted-width-percent-height.htm

Emmanuel, we can fix the problems of proper linkage to those remaining
206 background-size from Jeff Walden with svg flag.

This works:

http://test.csswg.org/harness/test/CSS3-BACKGROUND_DEV/single/tall--auto--omitted-width-percent-height/

>> should be properly linked to the svg image and the reference file
>> should be fetchable too.
>>
>> If this works for tall--auto--omitted-width-omitted-height.htm

Here too: I should have pasted instead

tall--auto--omitted-width-percent-height.htm

, then
>> someone (not sure who, probably me, I guess) will have to edit the
>> other 206 tests from Jeff Walden according to such set of adjustments.
>
> The support files do need to be moved into a 'support' directory, but
> the reference files do not need to be moved.
>
> While it's my personal preference that reference files are placed in a
> 'reference' directory,

It is my preference too: it's clearer for everyone that way.

> so long as they follow the proper naming
> conventions (ref-*, *-ref, notref-*, *-notref) they can be in the same
> directory as the test. Note that the build system will always place them
> in a 'reference' directory in the build output (and correct the <link>
> paths).
>
> Peter

Okay.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: