Re: [css3-background]Tests with SVG can’t run because the SVG files are missing

On Nov 3, 2012, at 9:35 PM, Gérard Talbot wrote:

> Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> a écrit :
>
>> Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> a écrit :

>>> Hello Emmanuel,
>>>
>>> I confirm your findings.
>>>
>>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-background/nightly-unstable/html4/chapter-3.htm#s3.9
>>>
>>> "
>>> This is a Pre-Alpha version of the CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3 Test Suite.
>>> Some tests in the test suite may contain errors.
>>> "
>>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-background/nightly-unstable/

>>> Agreed.
>>>
>>> I do not know who is managing CSS3 background right now, making sure that all linked references are correct.
>>>
>>> Jeff Walden CSS3 background tests in section 3.9 with SVG flag:
>>>
>>> 207 tests
>>>
>>> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/CSS3-BACKGROUND/author/jeff_walden/flag/svg/load/t207/
>>>

>>> If you load tests individually from within Shepherd, the SVG files are linked, fetched correctly.
>>>
>>> E.g.:
>>> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/tall--auto--nonpercent-width-percent-height/
>>> and then click on the Test tab. So, the SVG files exist: they just do not seem to be linked correctly during built.
>>
>> Emmanuel,
>>
>> I believe I understand what is happening here.
>>
>> The tests, the SVG files and the reference files are all in the same folder:
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/mozilla/submitted/css3-background/background-size/vector/
>>

>> when the SVG files should be instead in a /support and the reftests should be in an /reference subfolders instead.
>>

> Emmanuel,
>
> I created a /support and a /reference sub-folders under
>
> contributors/mozilla/submitted/css3-background/background-size/vector/
>
> and edited this test:
>
> tall--auto--omitted-width-percent-height.html
>
> and then moved the relevant files
>
> ref-tall-lime256x384-aqua256x384.html into /reference
>
> and
>
> omitted-width-omitted-height.svg into /support
>
> and then edited the test so that the .svg and .html are properly linked. Locally, the links of the test work.
>
> I also edited a bit the test so that the linked spec is according to format guidelines and removed the null end tags which is not needed in HTML5.
>
> committed changeset 4724:c28c772f3b0a
>
> Tonight, after the built of the CSS3 background test suite, I will check if these changes were successful. If they were, then
>
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-background/nightly-unstable/html4/tall--auto--omitted-width-omitted-height.htm
>
> should be properly linked to the svg image and the reference file should be fetchable too.
>
> If this works for tall--auto--omitted-width-omitted-height.htm , then someone (not sure who, probably me, I guess) will have to edit the other 206 tests from Jeff Walden according to such set of adjustments.

The support files do need to be moved into a 'support' directory, but the reference files do not need to be moved.

While it's my personal preference that reference files are placed in a 'reference' directory, so long as they follow the proper naming conventions (ref-*, *-ref, notref-*, *-notref) they can be in the same directory as the test. Note that the build system will always place them in a 'reference' directory in the build output (and correct the <link> paths).

Peter