Re: [css3-background]Tests with SVG can’t run because the SVG files are missing

Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> a écrit :

> Emmanuel Vallois <emmanuel@vallois.name> a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> All the tests listed on
>> http://test.csswg.org/harness/results/CSS3-BACKGROUND_DEV/grouped/
>> in section 3.9 starting from
>> “diagonal-percentage-vector-background” need SVG files to run.
>> Trying to get these files return a 404 error, so these tests are
>> currently unusable.
>
> Hello Emmanuel,
>
> I confirm your findings.
>
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-background/nightly-unstable/html4/chapter-3.htm#s3.9
>
> "
> This is a Pre-Alpha version of the CSS Backgrounds and Borders
> Module Level 3 Test Suite.
> Some tests in the test suite may contain errors.
> "
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css3-background/nightly-unstable/
>

>> I would therefore suggest that after fixing the presence of SVG
>> files, the current results filed for these tests be dismissed or
>> tagged as invalid, as they couldn’t test anything.
>>
>> Wishing to be useful,
>>
>> Emmanuel Vallois
>
> Agreed.
>
> I do not know who is managing CSS3 background right now, making sure
> that all linked references are correct.
>
> Jeff Walden CSS3 background tests in section 3.9 with SVG flag:
>
> 207 tests
>
> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/search/testcase/spec/CSS3-BACKGROUND/author/jeff_walden/flag/svg/load/t207/
>

> If you load tests individually from within Shepherd, the SVG files
> are linked, fetched correctly.
>
> E.g.:
> http://test.csswg.org/shepherd/testcase/tall--auto--nonpercent-width-percent-height/
> and then click on the Test tab. So, the SVG files exist: they just
> do not seem to be linked correctly during built.

Emmanuel,

I believe I understand what is happening here.

The tests, the SVG files and the reference files are all in the same folder:

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/mozilla/submitted/css3-background/background-size/vector/

when the SVG files should be instead in a /support and the reftests
should be in an /reference subfolders instead.

> Adding, hopefully, Jeff Walden to this email, ... mostly because
> these are his tests.

I've tried to reach Jeff Walden but the email bounced back.

Salutations amicales de Montréal,

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011