Re: Test harness and test suite assumptions wrt anti-aliasing (font smoothing, clearType)

On Saturday 2012-03-17 15:53 -0400, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:

> The whole test suite should not require user agents to use, to be using
> or to implement subpixel positioning technology. This should be loud and
> clear.

Sure, but it also shouldn't require the opposite.  Tests should be
written so they work either way.

> Fine. When using Ahem font, I have proposed to only use a font-size
> which in pixel units will be dividable by 5 without creating fractional
> remainder so that baseline alignment will be reliable, trustworthy in
> all browsers. I have adjusted a bunch of tests in that sense.

Yes, using Ahem in multiples of 5 is often useful, since many uses
of Ahem actually care about pixel accuracy of font metrics.

-David