Re: [RC6] font-family-name-023

Le Sam 17 mars 2012 3:17, John Daggett a écrit :
> Gérard Talbot wrote:
>
>> The reftest for font-family-name-023 does not use the font-family
>> "x-large CSSTest FamilyName Funky" but rather "CSSTest FamilyName".
>
> Huh?
>
> These are the property definitions used in that test:
>
>   p#test1a {
>       font-family: "small-caps 1in CSSTest FamilyName Funky", CSSTest
> Fallback;
>   }
>   p#test2 {
>       font-family: x-large CSSTest FamilyName Funky, CSSTest Fallback;
>   }
>   p#test2a {
>       font-family: "x-large CSSTest FamilyName Funky", CSSTest Fallback;
>   }
>   p#test3a {
>       font-family: "12px CSSTest FamilyName Funky", CSSTest Fallback;
>   }
>
> The font named "CSSTest FamilyName" is *not* used for this test!!!

John,

I understand that the font named "CSSTest FamilyName" is *not* used for
this test. Albeit 4 hours ago, I did not.

> Remember, those are 'font-family' definitions *not* 'font' definitions.

I understand.

> John

The *reftest* for font-family-023 uses "CSSTest FamilyName" for the 4
tests. Doing so (choosing that precise font family name) certainly can
lead to misinterpretation of what the test is doing or trying to
demonstate.

This sentence "Font family names that appear similar to font shorthand
should match to fonts with those names" is rather vague and open to
interpretation ..

Proposal for the *reftest*
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/mozilla/submitted/fontreftests/font-family-name-023-ref.xht

            body { font-size: 36px; }
            span#verify { font-family: CSSTest Verify; }

            p#test1a {
                font-family: "small-caps 1in CSSTest FamilyName Funky";
            }
            p#test2, p#test2a {
                font-family: "x-large CSSTest FamilyName Funky";
            }

            p#test3a {
                font-family: "12px CSSTest FamilyName Funky";
            }
    </head>
fonts</a> must be installed for this test: <span
id="verify">FAIL</span></div>

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: