Re: [css3-conditional] Submitted a few TCs: at-supports-019, at-supports-022 and at-supports-027

Le Lun 6 août 2012 5:08, Florian Rivoal a écrit :
> On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 21:43:51 +0200, Gérard Talbot
> <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org> wrote:

[snipped]

>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/opera/submitted/css3-conditional/at-supports-027.html

>> 			div {
>> 				background-color:green;
>> 				height:100px;
>> 				width:100px;
>> 			}
>> 			@supports (margin: 0)
>>
>> This test can *_never_* fail. There is no possibility that red can be
>> displayed. As coded, IE4 will pass this test.
>
> Actually, it can fail, and I have it because my implementation failed it
> at some point. When it fails, it will not display red, but it will not
> display green either. Maybe I should change the text to "Test passes if
> there is a filled green square" without mentioning anything about red.

Ideally, you want tests to be built and written in a very formal manner
(with a high level of formalism) so that there is and can be only 2
possible rendered layouts: usually/typically, a red square or a green
square. So that anyone taking the test will also expect a clear
(non-equivocal) pass or a clear (non-equivocal) fail verdict regarding
the test. You want to facilitate the tester's task into clicking either
the Pass or Fail buttons and not the Cannot tell button.

> Here is how it failed for me: when the parser does not find the opening
> '{' after '@supports (margin: 0)', it consumes everything up to the next
> properly nested ';' or '}', or EOF. In this case, it consumes the EOF.
> After that, the parser tries to resume normal operation, and using a
> grammar that looks something like: <style_rule> | <at_rule> | .... |
> EOF.
> Since EOF has already been consumed, the parser finds nothing, fails,
> and
> discards the entire style-sheet, since it has no error recovery rule for
> missing EOF.
>
>   - Florian

Well, then, in such case, the pass/fail conditions sentence should be
more restricted and only :

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: