Re: [CSS3-mediaqueries]: Invalid test cases in test suite

On Monday 2011-09-26 20:52 +0000, Arron Eicholz wrote:
> features = [ "resolution", "min-resolution", "max-resolution" ];
> expression_should_not_be_parseable(feature + ": 0dpi");
>
> The test for resolution should be parseable. According to the spec
> (section 5) the only information about resolution is that it takes
> a positive number. Unfortunately we defined 0 to be both positive
> and negative. Thus this case should be parseable. Granted I do
> think that 0dpi is silly it should be parseable or we should maybe
> change the spec to say that resolution must a value of 1 or more.

It already says that, though perhaps it should be clearer.  It says:

  # The <ratio> value is a positive (not zero or negative) <integer>
  # followed by optional whitespace, followed by a solidus (‘/’),
  # followed by optional whitespace, followed by a positive
  # <integer>.
  #
  # The <resolution> value is a positive <number> immediately
  # followed by a unit identifier (‘dpi’ or ‘dpcm’).

Perhaps the (not zero or negative) should be repeated the second
time the term "positive" is used.

So I believe this test is correct.

(I'm still looking in to the other two issues.)

-David