Re: [RC5, pre-RC6] list-style-position-applies-to-* testcases: inheritance of list-style-position versus applicability

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 18:42:54 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
> wrote:

>> So an element with display: table-row-group "has" the
>> list-style-position
>> property, but the property does not apply. An assert that reads "The
>> 'list-style-position' property applies to elements with 'display' set to
>> 'table-row-group'." is at odds with the spec.
>
> Not necessarily.  You're assuming the word means the same thing in the
> assert and the propdef table.

Pretty much, yes. I think that's a perfectly appropriate assumption. The
rel="help" <link>s even point to an anchor in the heading just above that
table. If an assert (or file name) uses terms that have a specific usage
in the spec, it shouldn't use a conflicting definition.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA