Re: [RC6] block-in-inline-append-001 has several issues

Le Mar 29 novembre 2011 16:44, "Gérard Talbot" a écrit :
> Boris,
>
> [RC6]
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/block-in-inline-append-001.htm
>
> [RC6]
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/block-in-inline-append-001-ref.htm
>
> [nightly-unstable]
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/block-in-inline-append-001.htm
>
> [nightly-unstable]
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/block-in-inline-append-001-ref.htm
>
> Both block-in-inline-append-001 and block-in-inline-append-001-ref have
> validation issues. The body element must have with a block container.
>
> <!ELEMENT BODY O O (%block;|SCRIPT)+ +(INS|DEL) -- document body -->
>
> As strange as it is, Opera 11.52 (displays a rectangular dotted line
> which is 10em wide), Chrome 15.0.874.121 (no dotted outline shown) and
> Firefox 8.0 (there are vertical "whiskers" on the left hand side of the
> first "A") have 3 different renderings of the reftest. So, they all
> "pass" the test ... according to/with 3 different respective reftests
> that they render. The test and its reftest definitely fail at
> determining in a reliable manner what is a fail condition.

> And I think a 4th way of rendering the test and the reftest would be
> okay too: with a non-rectangular shape which would outline the outermost
> inline.

No, I was wrong (I missed something) on that possible 4th way of
rendering... but I maintain the rest though.

-------------

I'm checking more of your block-in-inline testcases in section 9.2.1.1
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/chapter-9.html#s9.2.1.1
and some browsers may seem to pass the testcases but in fact they
interpret the reftest differently.
E.g.:
Chrome 15.0.874.121 does not render
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/block-in-inline-append-002-ref.htm
the same layout as Firefox 8.0 does ... while this is a reftest and not
even a real test.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011:

Contributing to to CSS 2.1 test suite: