Re: Media Query test suite buggy in webkit

http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/MediaQueries/20100726/
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/MediaQueries/20100726/media-queries-test.html

> On Jun 7, 2011, at 4:54 AM, Paul Eustice wrote:
> > I've noticed that in Chrome 11, Safari 5 and the latest (06/06/11) webkit nightly that the Media Query test suite is returning a very large number of fails, and an incorrect total test number. All other A-Grade browsers return 361 test results, while webkit browsers are all returning 180 Passed, 190 Failed - a total of 370.

One reason for the discrepancy (accounting for a difference of 8) is
the failures "unexpected result testing whether query ...".  In of
those cases, the test returns an extra result since the
query_is_parseable function returns a bogus result that may or may
not be what its caller expected.

The other reason (the remaining 1) is a similar case in the
"breaking from loop" result; the code that searches for the color
depth by repeatedly executing min-color queries fails to find a
color, so reports an extra failure.

I don't think this is a problem, though; the number of results isn't
relevant; whether all the tests pass is what's relevant.

-David