Re: [RC6] before-after-dynamic-attr-001 : ought to have a "may" flag

Le Lun 4 juillet 2011 11:09, Geoffrey Sneddon a écrit :
> On 02/07/11 01:45, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/before-after-dynamic-attr-001.htm
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/nightly-unstable/html4/before-after-dynamic-attr-001.htm
Konqueror 4.6.4 fails this testcase because, as far as I can tell, it
can not execute this DOM instruction
>> line 22:   document.body.setAttribute("my-attr", "before");

Geoffrey,

I got that part wrong. When enabling javascript debugger and error
reporting console, Konqueror 4.6.4 does not report any DOM or javascript
error.

Note that
http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20110323/html4/before-after-dynamic-restyle-001.htm
is passed by Konqueror 4.6.4. So, I do not know why it fails
before-after-dynamic-attr-001 testcase.

>> ... which has nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with CSS 2.1 and with
>> HTML 4.01.
>> If only, at least, the targeted attribute in the test was an existing
one in the DTD to begin with ...
>> I say such testcase should have a "may" flag at minimum, otherwise it
should not be in the CSS 2.1 test suite.
> It has the DOM flag, so expecting DOM Core to work seems reasonable.
>  From your description, it appears it fails because Konqueror doesn't
> implement the DOM properly: there's nothing in DOM Core that says that
setAttribute should fail if setting the attribute would make the
document invalid, and hence it should succeed in adding that
attribute.
> As such, I'd say Konqueror fails a prerequisite of the tests with the
"dom" flag: having a working DOM implementation.
> Given a working DOM implementation, the test seems like a perfectly
reasonable thing to test.

Ok, fair enough. I'll leave things as they are. If/when I can figure out
it's a DOM bug, then I'll file a bug report. If it's a CSS bug, I'll
file a bug report. There is nothing else constructive to do.

CSS 2.1 Test suite RC6, March 23rd 2011