Re: [RC5, pre-RC6] font-family-024 : its reftest and text assertion

Le Jeu 24 février 2011 21:22, John Daggett a écrit :
>> Everything I was emailed in october 2010 now contradicts this
>> font-family-name-024 test
>
> Um, not quite clear what you're arguing here.
>
> My point is that 'font-family: caption;' should not match the
> user agent defined caption font.

We agree. 'font-family: caption;' should not match the user agent
defined caption font.

> These user agent defined system
> fonts are only allowed in the 'font' shorthand, *not* in
> font-family properties.  David's point was that "caption" can
> still match an available font named caption.  We just need to
> update the conditions of the test.

the font shorthand, not in font-family rules">

What the text assertion says (or may be interpreted to be saying, it's
not that far fetched) is that 'font: caption' is allowed but
'font-family: caption' is not allowed. It's the exact same string, you
know.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (RC5; January 11th 2011):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/