Re: CSS 2.1 test suite feedback: test feedback

On 09/27/2010 10:05 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 9/27/10 2:26 AM, Simon Fraser wrote:
>> first-line-inherit-001 is not self-documenting.
>
> It's a reftest, no?
>
>> before-after-dynamic-restyle-001: uses red in a non-failure case
>
> Again, this is a reftest.... it might be nice to get rid of the red, but
> it doesn't matter for evaluating whether the test passes.

It might not matter when running with a reftest harness but it's
very bad practice to use red in a test when it doesn't mean "FAIL",
because testers using our tests are sensitive to that color when
evaluating a test manually. If someone actually looks at that test,
they will be confused as to whether it passed or failed. (Perhaps
both the test and the reference failed. It's been known to happen.)