Re: Tests with difficult/confusing pass condition/wording: c414-flt-ln-002.htm

Quoting Gérard Talbot <css21testsuite@gtalbot.org>:

> Řyvind Stenhaug wrote:
>
>> http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/css21testsuite/c414-flt-ln-002-draft.htm
>
>> This clears up some confusions, but the exact alignment when "on the
>> next line" isn't given.
>
> I've tried to indicate this in the expected results paragraph: it should
> be on the leftmost available part of next line.

I was thinking about vertical alignment (though neither is very obvious).

>> Maybe it could use Ahem and a fixed width for the div, and thereby get
>> rid of the second and third sentences?
>
> If we use a fixed width for the div, then resizing browser viewport will
> not reflow the "filler text"s and consequently the large and small
> boxes.

Exactly. That way (and with Ahem) the pass condition would only have
to consider a certain configuration and could be more straightforward
(as opposed to trying to impart a slightly cut-down version of 9.5.1
to cover all cases).

There could be multiple variants of the test to cover the different
possibilities of floats fitting/not fitting. Then it would also be
testable even for UAs/devices that don't have the opportunity for
resizing.

--
Řyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA