Armenian tests for CSS 2.1

These tests were actually largely exploratory in the i18n test suite, and aimed at CSS3.  I'm thinking that they should probably be changed for use with the CSS 2.1 test suite.  Currently CSS 2.1 says next to nothing about Armenian numbering except, in the errata[1], that 'armenian' means uppercase Armenian.

For CSS 2.1 it seems to me that the only thing we can really test is whether using the value 'armenian' produces some Armenian numbering, and that that numbering is uppercase.

The maximum number is undefined. Note that I recommended [2] that CSS3 only specify up to 9,999 in CSS3 because of difficulties in ascertaining how to handle Armenian numbers after that. On that basis, I think we should discard the test at http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100815/html4/list-style-type-armenian-002.htm.

Note also that there is also some ambiguity around the 700s (see [2]), but although IE followed my recommendation on that, we don't have any text in the spec related to it, so we should not test for it.

I therefore suggest that for CSS 2.1 tests we reduce http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100815/html4/list-style-type-armenian-001.htm to a maximum number of, say,  100, or less, and discard test 2.  And that test one check for uppercase numbering specifically.

RI

[1] http://www.w3.org/Style/css2-updates/CR-CSS2-20090908-errata.html#t.12.5.1a

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Jan/0488.html

Richard Ishida