Re: [RC3] background-bg-pos-205

Le Mar 23 novembre 2010 9:18, fantasai a écrit :
> On 11/05/2010 10:06 PM, "Gérard Talbot" wrote:
>>> Fixed:
>>>     http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hixie/submitted/css2.1/colors/background-bg-pos-205.xht
>>> Diff:
>>>     http://test.csswg.org/svn-view/contributors/hixie/submitted/css2.1/colors/background-bg-pos-205.xht?r1=1270&r2=1534
>>
>>> Let me know if this is good.
>>
>>> ~fantasai
>>
>> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101027/html4/background-bg-pos-205.htm
>> [RC3]
>>
>> "Scroll to the bottom right of the page"
>> Maybe it would be worth it to write: "Scroll to the bottom of the page
>> and then scroll to the rightmost point of the page" because this is
>> necessary scrolling to do to see/reach the blue square.
>> The fact that I had to scroll to the right initially lead me to think
>> that maybe the testcase was incorrectly rendered.
>
> I did say "bottom right", rather than "bottom". :)

Ok :)

http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/hixie/submitted/css2.1/colors/background-bg-pos-205.htm

> So, the way I understand it, the margins of the last <p>, .inner, and
> body
> collapse.

Yes. At least their respective margin-bottoms. The last <p>, .inner and
body have no padding-bottom, no border-bottom and no content separating
them: so their respective margin-bottoms should collapse.

> This results in an effective margin on body of -3em.

Yes.

> So the
> testcase should render as if .inner and <p> didn't have margins, and the
> body had margin-bottom: -3em -- which should place the large blue box
> and
> the blue square at the very bottom of the scrollable area,

Yes.

> i.e. *not*
> leaving any space at the bottom.

Yes.

That is if you want to keep the expected results sentences exactly as
they are.

That testcase reveals a different rendering between (Chrome 6 & 7,
Konqueror 4.5.3) and (Firefox 3.6.12, Opera 10.63) wrt bottom margin
collapsing: that white gap/area at the bottom-most part of the page,
below the yellow rectangle.

Maybe (my preference, btw) another (and distinct) testcase targeting
only and solely this bottom margin collapsing issue should be built and
submitted... unless there is already a testcase doing so.

regards, Gérard

CSS 2.1 test suite (RC3; October 27th 2010):

CSS 2.1 test suite contributors:
http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/