Re: [RC3] background-position-202 invalid; comma not a valid separator in CSS 2.1

Gérard Talbot wrote:
> Le Lun 1 novembre 2010 16:21, Arron Eicholz a écrit :
[snip]
>> I do not think this case should be changed since it is a good test and
>> needs to cover all the scenarios.
>>
>> Potentially the case could be split out and put into its own case. If
>> that is done, that new case with those rules, how do we flag the file.
>> Its invalid for CSS 2.1 but valid for CSS3. This sounds like something
>> we would have to special case for building CSS3 test suite.
>
> I am for removing

> or even better removing the 2 commas (and correspondent comments) in
>
>    .positive .control { background-position: 50%, 0%; } /* CSS3
> background supports comma */
>
>    .case.t10 .test { background-position: 50%, center; } /* CSS3
> background supports comma */
>
> from
> http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20101027/html4/background-position-202.htm
>
> and that's it.
>
> regards, Gérard

Gérard, are you aware that Opera 9.5 (or around this release) and
earlier would parse this test wrong.

<http://css-class.com/test/css/backgrounds/multiple-backgrounds.htm>

I even have this noted in my CSS elsewhere.

/* dangerous hack - style for Opera 9.5 since it incorrectly parses
hsla background color even thought it doesn't support the property.

*:not(:first-child)~html #wrapper2+div h3+ul li:hover {background: #9fe}
*:not(:first-child)~html #wrapper2+div>div {background: #afc}

NOTE, do demo for this bug
http://css-class.com/test/css/backgrounds/multiple-hsla-backgound.htm
http://css-class.com/test/css/shadows/text-shadow2.htm

*/

For the first demo, the 2nd test has a test for multiple backgrounds.

<http://css-class.com/test/css/backgrounds/multiple-hsla-backgound.htm>

Just testing this with Opera 9.26. The 2nd test shows two backgrounds.

So why do different test of multiple backgrounds show different results?

--
Alan http://css-class.com/