Re: review of bzbarsky's self-describing tests

On 03/21/2010 07:32 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 3/16/10 1:36 AM, fantasai wrote:
>
>> AFAICT, none of the tests in
>> http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/bzbarsky/submitted/css2.1/visuren/
>>
>> are testing what they think they're testing. They all continue to
>> pass even if I change 'inherit' to 'auto'.
>
> They do? In what UA?
> Can you please double-check and let me know how you reached your
> conclusions above?

Ok, I don't know what I was looking at. They seem to work fine. :)

I can't tell what dynamic-top-changes-004.xht is trying to test.
It's very similar to dynamic-top-changes-002.xht, but not quite,
and the assertion is completely wrong.

I'm also having trouble figuring out what the intention of
dynamic-top-changes-005.xht is in its differences from
dynamic-top-changes-001.xht.

I can say that these tests pass when they should and fail when
they should, but I can't say whether they are testing what they
are intended to be testing. Does that make sense?

~fantasai