Re: FW: FW: In a quick glance, all of the whitespace test file are invalid tests that don't prove anything

On 3/3/10 7:10 AM, Melissa Newman wrote:
> Could somebody please point me the EXACT line in the specification that says
> UAs have to render things correctly at such small distances.  This is a web
> page.  This is not NASA and the application a space shuttle.  There should
> be standard rounding rules and all browsers should follow the standard
> rounding rules.  But displaying at such small distances is ridiculous.

Web sites commonly request fractional pixels in their layout and get
upset when there are random seams in the page due to one-pixel-off
rendering issues as a result.  So rendering things correctly in terms of
rounding is a must, in fact.

That said, I believe there are currently no rules about this in the
spec; there's been discussion about adding some.

-Boris