Re: [RC4] active-selector-002

On 12/28/2010 05:48 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> We may want to change the test to remove this independence.

Dependence you mean. Yes, I could remove the dependence on the outcome
of whether <span> on its own is activateable by making the <span> not
turn red.

> I think it's valuable to test that ancestors of the activated element are
> :active

This is explicitly not required by the spec, therefore a test for it
would be rejected.

# CSS 2.1 does not define if the parent of an element that is ':active'
# or ':hover' is also in that state.

 > (IE doesn't do this currently, and it's a pretty annoying
 > behavior),

If the link in the testcase became :active when it was activated,
but the :active-ness was not passed to the link's ancestors, would
that annoy you? I think IE's behavior is problematic because the
link does not respond to :active when it is activated, not because
it does not pass :active up the ancestor chain.

 > so we should maybe put a <button> inside an <a> instead, or
 > something similar.

This is not allowed in HTML.