Re: Connexions to testsuite harness and other related csswg.org webpages

On Dec 12, 2010, at 7:36 PM, Gérard Talbot wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Suddenly,
>
> http://test.csswg.org/harness/ webpage says
>
> WARNING: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many
> connections
> File:
> /sites/csswg.org/test/htdocs/harness/lib_test_harness/
> class.DBConnection.phi
> Line: 97
>
> I also couldn't connect to the testsuite 2 hours ago but now this is
> restored.
>
> I could no longer connect to http://wiki.csswg.org/test/ 2 hours ago
> but
> now this is restored.
>
> Just letting you know about this.

Thanks Gérard,

I was actually working on the harness at the time and the hosting data
center apparently went completely offline for a little while (it
wasn't me, I swear it).

The problem then when it came back online is that the filtering rules
at the firewall don't persist across a reboot (something I'm going to
fix tomorrow) and the spam harvester bots that have been attacking us
started getting through. Once I was able to reset the filtering rules
we were back in business. (The harness has a feature to automatically
detect bad spider behavior and turn on filtering by ip at the
firewall, there are currently 175 ip addresses being blocked. We've
seen bad behavior from 245 different addresses so far...)

Peter