Re: Media Queries Tests

L. David Baron wrote:
> [ This was in response to discussion that started on w3c-css-wg. ]
>
> I posted Mozilla's main media queries tests at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Apr/att-0063/test_media_queries.html
> (These exclude the zoom/text zoom tests, the tests related to
> XBL-related dynamic changes, and the printing tests, which are in
> reftest format.  The printing tests could probably also be used
> cross-browser, except they have to be run at a particular unusual
> page size.  They're also in reftest format, which the group doesn't
> tend to like.)
>
> What I posted includes 355 tests in one file, plus some separate
> support files, i.e., pieces of MochiKit and their test harness
> (which I think the DOM test suite also uses).
>
> I think what I posted is currently MPL/LGPL/GPL tri-licensed
> (although some of it might already be covered by a compatible but
> broader license), but relicensing might not be too hard if the WG
> were interested in using them.
>

> I hadn't posted these before because I assumed the working group
> wouldn't accept tests in this format, but perhaps I'm wrong.

I think once it's cleaned up a bit (e.g. removing the Mozilla bug
references and maybe making the output a little more readable),
we can copy it over into the media queries test suite and just link
it as a separate, special test from the index page.

I've checked it into SVN at
   http://test.csswg.org/svn/contributors/mozilla/incoming/mediaqueries/
for now. You should have write access to the repository; ping me if
you've forgotten your password.