Re: Licensing

Ian Hickson wrote:

> You still misunderstand; my point is that I am not willing to license my
> tests under _any_ license unless the W3C commits to using one of those
> three licenses for the entirety of the CSS 2.1 test suite and indeed all
> other CSS test suites, just like the HTML working group has committed to
> using the MIT license for their test suite.

I might've asked this already, but... Is the W3C Test Suite / BSD dual
license acceptable to you?
   http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2008/04-testsuite-copyright
(The restrictions on using the tests under BSD are under trademark law,
not copyright law: the code is under standard BSD, W3C is just asserting
control over use of its own trademark in association with the tests.)

If that works for you, I'd like to have your CSS tests checked into
test.csswg.org SVN. I can give you an account there, or I can do it for
you: your choice.